In anticipation of the heavy snowfall Monday night into Tuesday, please keep in mind the following:
**PLEASE NOTE – there will be no sanitation pickup Tuesday, March 14. Residents whose normal sanitation pickup is on Tuesday will have their garbage/recyclables picked up on their next regularly scheduled pickup day. If you have any questions about the sanitation schedule, please call (631) 957-7520.
Lindenhurst Village Hall will be CLOSED on Tuesday, March 14.
- For fire emergencies or medical emergencies, please call the Lindenhurst Fire Department at (631) 226-1212
- For all other emergencies, please call 911
- To report an outage with PSEG, residents can text “OUT” to 773454. Cell phones must be registered with your PSEG account. For more information and instructions, visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/CustomerService/myalerts/Outage
- Additionally, residents can report an outage to PSEG by phone 800-490-0075
- It is the responsibility of the property owner to remove snow and ice from the sidewalk.
- Fire hydrants must be kept clear of snow and ice.
- Do not shovel snow onto the street. Throwing or plowing snow into the road can create a patch of snow and ice, which can cause a hazardous condition.
- Please remove all vehicles from the roadway in order for roadways to be plowed efficiently. If it is not possible to remove all vehicles from the roadway, attempt to park vehicles on one side of the road in order for the plows to clear a larger portion of the roadway. If necessary, parking on typically non-approved surfaces will be permitted in order to keep vehicles off the roadway.
Designated Snow Streets
- All of North Wellwood Avenue within the Village limits and South Wellwood Avenue from Hoffman Avenue south to Montauk Highway; All of West Hoffman Avenue north of the railroad viaduct, and East Hoffman Avenue north of the railroad viaduct from North Wellwood Avenue east to North Delaware Avenue are designated “snow streets” in the Village.
- After the declaration of an emergency, it is unlawful to park vehicles on designated snow streets.
- Vehicles that are not removed by 2:00 AM on March 14th will be towed.
- If you see a down wire, do not touch it. Assume all wires are live. Call PSEG 800-490-0075 or the Department of Public Works 631-957-7520 to report a down wire
- For more tips on how to stay safe, please visit bereadyli.org