The New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES) has announced that funding is available under FEMA’s annual mitigation grant programs. Funding is available to raise damaged homes to flood code. This grant is a reimbursement program and homeowners must have the funds to complete the project. Funding is provided on a 75%/25% basis, meaning, homeowners will be reimbursed for 75% of the eligible project costs and homeowners are responsible for the other 25%.
In order to apply for the grant, residents wishing to participate must submit a Notice of Voluntary Interest and proof of flood insurance to the Village of Lindenhurst. The Notice of Voluntary Interest can be found here: Notice of Voluntary Interest Form
**Notice of Voluntary Interest Forms must be submitted to Village Hall by September 5, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Village Hall (631) 957-7500.