121 Albany Avenue
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Pick-up is on Wednesdays only, for the entire Village of Lindenhurst.
- Grass must be in bags or boxes. No pails can be used.
- Leaf bags are delivered to residents in mid-October. Additional bags can be purchased at Lindenhurst Village Hall. The bags are $3.50 for a pack of 10 bags.
- Branches are to be tied in bundles, four feet in length or less.
- Holidays: On weeks with a holiday, grass/leaf/branch pick-up is canceled.
Potholes – Potholes on Lindenhurst Village roads can be reported by calling (631) 957-7520.
Lindenhurst Sanitation Calendar – Sanitation calendars get mailed out to residents the last week in December. If you do not receive one by the middle of January, then please check with your mail carrier.
When a holiday falls within the work week, any change in the schedule is set forth by simply following your color and code as displayed on each page of the calendar. If you have any questions about sanitation changes during a holiday week, then please call (631) 957-7520.
The 2017 sanitation calendar is listed below.
- No refuse on curbside before 7:00 PM the night before collection.
- Refuse must be out before 7:00 AM on the day of collection.
- No containers heavier than 50 pounds or 32-gallon capacity.
- Containers are to have handles and covers, and must be in good condition.
- Do not jam refuse in the container, otherwise preventing easy removal.
- Tree branch wood must be tied in bundles (1.5 to six inches in diameter, no longer than four feet in length or more than 50 pounds in weight).
- No construction debris, plumbing parts or auto parts will be collected.
- Fireplace ash must be contained in sealed box or bag (no loose ash).
- Recycling materials (glass/metal/plastic/paper) must be separated from household refuse. Do not include packing material attached to cardboard, i.e., Styrofoam, wood, etc.
- All medical waste (including needles), chemicals (including pool chlorine and paint thinners) and hazardous materials are prohibited.
Special Pick-Up – A special pick-up can be scheduled by calling (631) 957-7520.
Recycling – Items for recycling must be placed in a green, Village-issued recycling can. These can be purchased at Lindenhurst Village Hall, 430 South Wellwood Avenue, for $10.00. Items can also be placed in clear plastic bags. Items that are not in a Village recycling can or a clear plastic bag will not be picked up.
- Bi-Weekly Pick-Up: Papers one week, and bottles and cans the next week. Do not put both out the same week.
- Newspaper recycling now includes newsprint, glossy paper, magazines, junk mail, cardboard and telephone books. Papers must be bundled and tied or in a brown paper bag.
- Crush all plastic containers. Remove all labels from cans.
- Holidays: If your recycling day falls on a holiday, then your recycling pick-up is canceled. Hold all recyclables until your next scheduled pick-up for that material.
Street Sweeping – Street sweeping takes place March through October on Mondays and Fridays. Please check the sanitation calendar to identify the street sweeping day for your area.